Make A Spiked Lemonade Bar

Welcome to Thirsty Thursday! Each week our columnist Natalie Migliarini of Beautiful Booze brings you fun, festive ways to, well, booze.

I love summer entertaining and finding the perfect signature cocktail to serve my guests—who I'm sure equally love arriving and immediately and being handed a fun cocktail; it's a good way to set the tone for the night. Last weekend the weather in Seattle was so nice I decided to host a summer party in my backyard. Instead of serving one cocktail, I wanted my guests to design their own drinks with a self-service Spiked Lemonade Bar.


The beauty of setting up this lemonade is that you can do most of the work ahead of time so you have plenty of time to hang with your guests.

I decided to create the Spiked Lemonade Bar by setting out two different types of lemonade and limeade, along with fresh strawberries and mint, for guests to customize their own concoction.

To spike it, I set out trusty vodka, but you could totally offer rum and gin, too to give guests more options. I set everything on a fun tray and added some colorful paper straws to give the drinks more of party feel.

For serving vessels, I went with mason jars because they're practically indestructible (and cheap). Do make sure to set out a shot glass so guests can measure out their vodka.

Here's how to set up a DIY Spiked Lemonade Bar for about 10 people:


INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED

  • 2 cups vodka
  • 3 cups lemonade, pink lemonade, and limeade
  • 1 cup strawberries (or other fruit)
  • 1 package fresh mint
  • 1-2 bags ice

EXTRAS

  1. Paper straws, mason jars, shot glass
  2. Each guest should fill mason jar with ice,
  3. 1.5 ounces vodka, and 3 ounces lemonade, strawberries, and mint.

Post a Comment

0 Comments